UPDATES from Tech Land
From: Jay Sage, Conference Webmaster (webmasteriajgs2020.org)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 06:01:24 -0700 (PDT)

Here are two items that were posted in Facebook.

-- Jay

Jay Sage
Webmaster, IAJGS 2020 Virtual Conference
webmaster [at] iajgs2020.org

HANDOUTS – The presentation handouts have been the victim of a glitch in tech programming. It's the same one that has delayed the posting of all the On Demand sessions. Both will be corrected and back to their proper places sometime tomorrow.

MOBILE APP – The app was originally created as a place for you to enter your schedule and evaluate sessions while you were walking around a hotel for the in person conference. It was never constructed to sync with the website entries that did not even exist when it was programmed. The only way to view a webinar on your phone or tablet is to go to the IAJGS website, sign into your Attendee Service Center and click on the webinar you wish to see.

The ON DEMAND webinar section was due from the programmers today, but it looks like tomorrow will be a better day. On Demands are available for 60 days, so there is plenty of time.

Not sure exactly what's the hold up on the HANDOUTS, but they will be there soon I am told.

CHAT Room vs CHAT Room. In the virtual age, we have suddenly too many ways to communicate digitally and I'm sure you're all as confused as I was.

The grey "Join Discussion" button that is part of every webinar listing offers a way to ask questions of the speakers and other attendees BEFORE and AFTER a webinar. In fact, those discussions will remain active for 60 days after the conference ends. That means if you are out of a viewing time-zone, you can still ask questions even after the webinar moves to the recorded on demand section.

During the LIVE Webinar, use the Chat panel to talk directly to other attendees. You can also ask questions here in real time. Thank you for joining us at IAJGS 2020. Thank you to Robinn Magid and her committee for envisioning and then organizing this amazing new experience for us all!

  • (no other messages in thread)