Re: On Demand Sessions
From: Jay Sage, Conference Webmaster (webmasteriajgs2020.org)
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 14:32:13 -0700 (PDT)
On 8/6/2020 4:14 PM, Lois Lubin via discuss wrote:
Is there a reason we should not check all the on demand offerings?

Very good questions. Unfortunately, I'm not yet sure of all the answers. We are planning to send out detailed instructions in email blasts later today and tomorrow -- just as soon as we know for sure what to say.

My answer to the question above is no. I signed up for just about all the programs. I omitted only those that I was quite sure I would not listen to (e.g., because I've already heard the talk at least once, often several times). To be honest, I don't understand why we are being asked to sign up at all. It seems to me that everyone should automatically be signed up for all of them. As far as I know, there is no limit to the number of people who can sign up -- though there may be an extra cost to the conference (though such charges, if there are any, ought to be based on how many people actually listen).

alternately, will we be able to add on demand during the conference and after the conference is over? And if so, for how long, and how long a lag between adding and being able to see?

Those are the details I don't know the answer to. (Remember, I'm just the webmaster; I'm not involved in the conference planning.)

The recordings of the live sessions will obviously have to be added later, so my guess is that we will be able to change (at least add to) our selections later. If I had to guess, the delay would be perhaps a day. I can imagine that eShow will automatically process the selections once a day to update the page -- which you don't see yet -- that will have the links to the actual webinars on BigMarker.

If we watch an on demand, can we rewatch without resigning up or??

I think that the answer is yes. So long as you have the URL for the program, you'll be able to go to it and watch.

I sure hope that we have definitive answers to these questions soon. After the email blasts go out, I'll add the information to the website as well and post it here to the Discussion List.

If you're getting antsy and tense at this point, just imagine what the conference organizers are going through! They had an in-person conference fully planned out and then had to switch to a virtual conference -- and the vendors who run the conferences had to develop new software.

-- Jay