Re: IAJGS App From previous Years closes off
From: Jay Sage, Conference Webmaster (webmasteriajgs2020.org)
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2020 08:08:40 -0700 (PDT)
On 8/3/2020 5:56 PM, janmallen [at] att.net wrote:
I thought IAJGS said to use the previous year’s app and it would be updated?  When I try to click on the app it automatically closes immediately no chance to open it or update it . What is happening and how do I get to update the app

I just tried it, and the same thing happened. To fix it (on my Android device), I opened the "Settings" module, went to "Apps", opened the "IAJGS" item, clicked on "Storage", and finally clicked on both "Clear data" and "Clear cache". It's possible that just one of those clears would have solved the problem. Apparently some data left over from last year was causing a problem.

If you want to be conservative, try clearing just the cache first. If the app still does not work, clear the data as well (you probably don't want to access the data from previous conferences anyway).

If all this is too complicated, you could uninstall the app (which clears all of the above plus the program iteself) and then reinstall it.

-- Jay

Jay Sage
Webmaster, IAJGS 2020 Virtual Conference
webmaster [at] iajgs2020.org