Status Update on Virtual San Diego Conference
From: Jay Sage, Conference Webmaster (webmasteriajgs2020.org)
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 13:44:00 -0700 (PDT)

Robinn Magid posted the following to the Conference Facebook page:

You Might Ask - "What is the status of the IAJGS conference and have you already told any speakers anything about whether they are in or out of the Virtual Conference?"

We continue to work hard to design and price out a conference that will be interesting, well-rounded for our extremely diverse audience, and that will accommodate the usual Birds of a Feather sessions, Special Interest Groups, Annual Meetings, IAJGS programming and awards ceremony, and as many speakers as we can from our accepted speaker pool from the cancelled San Diego program. Until we have a signed contract with our preferred software vendor, we really cannot offer anyone anything. And so, you have not missed anything - no speaker has been offered any spot in the conference yet.

We apologize for contributing to the uncertainty in your life and hope that we will be able to deliver something very special and memorable - but it's got to work for our hugely diverse audience and that's taking some arranging.

Please hang in there with us, we're doing the best we can under the circumstances, and we hope to have a complete answer soon - but we're just not there yet.

-- Jay

Jay Sage
Webmaster, IAJGS 2020 Conference, San Diego, CA
webmaster [at] iajgs2020.org

  • (no other messages in thread)