Re: virtual conference desk top computer use only
From: Jay Sage, Conference Webmaster (webmasteriajgs2020.org)
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2020 13:49:48 -0700 (PDT)
On 8/4/2020 4:20 PM, hfark29 [at] gmail.com wrote:

I intend to only use my desktop computer for any conference communications, business, programs, etc.

Do references to “apps” apply to desktop computers?

As with past conferences, there is a smartphone app that may be used for some conference functions. The conference sessions themselves require only a web browser, which can be on a desktop computer (Mac or PC), laptop computer, tablet, smartphone -- any device that has a web browser.

The only thing I can think of that requires the mobile app is accessing the Family Finder data (surnames and places). To my mind, the Family Finder makes much less sense for a conference that is not held in-person. You would have a better chance of finding someone by using the full JewishGen Family Finder. On the other hand, with the conference Family Finder, you might have a better chance of communicating with the person, since they did just post the data.

-- Jay

Jay Sage
Webmaster, IAJGS 2020 Virtual Conference
webmaster [at] iajgs2020.org