SIGs, BOFs, and something new, Kaffeeklatsch?
From: Peggy Mosinger Freedman (peggyfreedmangmail.com)
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2020 05:55:48 -0700 (PDT)
Thank you to the conference planning team for taking on a Herculean task!

I would like to propose a third type group for the conference, something new for the new virtual environment besides SIGs and BOFs.

I would like a place to notify other conference attendees about small (less than a dozen people) spontaneous discussions - the kind of thing that just happens in the hallway of a face to face conference, but will be more difficult in the virtual environment.

Could we have a place to announce Kaffeeklatsches - small groups with NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT from the conference organizers?  We could arrange our own meetings by phone call, Skype, What's App, or personal Zoom account on a very specific topic (for example, my cousins who are attending conference).

I'm looking for a place to announce this type of meeting.
Should we just use this digest?
If there is a conference app, could we have a place on the app to announce them? Do you like the word "Kaffeeklatsch" so we can mark our announcements with it?  Something shorter would be better - suggestions?

Just brainstorming, thanks in advance for your feedback.

Peggy Mosinger Freedman
  • (no other messages in thread)