Re: Question on SIG/BOF Sessions
From: Jay Sage, Conference Webmaster (webmasteriajgs2020.org)
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 12:02:46 -0700 (PDT)

Vicky Furstenberg Ferraresi asked about the SIGs and BOFs:

During the conference registration process I did not click on any of these because I am confused about what is considered as belonging to a group.  ...  How will I be able to participate in SIG or BOF sessions for the conference?

I don't think that the SIGs and BOFs have a clear definition for membership, unlike JGSs where one has to pay to be a member. We probably should have asked the question differently: "Do you participate in any SIGs or BOFs?" or "Are you interested in any SIGs or BOFs?"

I fully expect that the SIG and BOF programs in the virtual conference will be like the ones at the in-person conferences -- open to anyone who is interested in participating. With the groups I am active with, we love to have new people join our meetings and get involved.

-- Jay

Jay Sage
Webmaster, IAJGS 2020 Virtual Conference
webmaster [at] iajgs2020.org

  • Question on SIG/BOF Sessions viferra [at] outlook.com, July 6 2020
    • Re: Question on SIG/BOF Sessions Jay Sage, Conference Webmaster, July 7 2020